COVID-19 Prevention &Preparedness Plan
Everyday Preventative Measures
- Wash hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Hand washing must occur upon entry to the facility, after breaks, before handling food, after changing diapers or using the restroom, before snacks and meals, after coughing or sneezing, before and after playground time or outdoor activity.
- Always wash hands if visibly dirty.
- Use an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water is not readily available (ex: while on the playground)
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering when you have to go out in public. This does not apply to children under the age of 2.
Stay Home if Sick
- Stay home if exhibiting the following symptoms: fever of 100 degrees or greater, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, sore throat, headache, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Stay home until symptom free without medication for 48 hours.
- If a child becomes sick while at the facility, they will be isolated from other children and staff and must be picked up immediately.
- If a staff member becomes ill while at the facility, they will be sent home immediately.
- In the event a child or staff member becomes ill with COVID-19, the classroom will be closed down and disinfected. The child or staff member will quarantine for 14 days.
Social Distancing Strategies
- Classrooms will be limited to smaller than usual class sizes.
- All events, special visitors and volunteers will be cancelled until further notice.
- Playground times will be staggered to limit the mixing of children.
- Cots and Mats will be placed as far apart as possible during nap times.
Pick Up/Drop Off Procedures
- Pick Up and Drop Off will occur outside of the facility.
- Upon arrival parents/children will be screened before entry through the following method
Staff will take temperature on arrival to confirm child does not have a fever above 100 degrees.
Parents will be prompted at check in to ensure no one in their household has a cough, shortness of breath or fever.
We offer a contactless sign-in through our ProCare app.
Children will wash hands upon entering classroom
- At pick up, parents will not come inside the building. Children will be brought to the door.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
-Plush toys and dress up clothes will not be used in the classrooms.
- Non-porous plastic toys will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Any toys that come in contact with a child’s mouth or bodily secretion will be set aside until able to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
- Tables, highchairs and chairs will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- Diaper changing tables will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Sippy cups/cups will be cleaned and sanitized each day.
- Countertops and food preparation areas will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use.
- Handwashing sinks, toilets and urinals will be cleaned and disinfected three times daily: following morning drop off, during nap time, at the end of the evening. (*Please note this will occur more if needed)
- Floors will be cleaned and disinfected each day.
- High touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected three times daily. This includes handrails, door knobs, light switches and refrigerator handles.
- Cots and nap mats will be cleaned and disinfected after each use.
According to the CDC, when feasible staff and older children (over age 2) should wear face coverings when in the facility. Parents, we trust your judgement in making the best decision for your child. Staff members will be wearing masks throughout the day. If you would like your child to wear a mask, we will support this by helping your child wear the mask correctly during the day. Reusable cloth masks must be taken home daily and disinfected.